Navigate good times or tricky times with confidence and success…
Hello, I’m very pleased to meet you.
I’m Emma, I’m a successful entrepreneur and alongside running my businesses, I’ve spent the last year pulling together all my knowledge together into a framework to share with other entrepreneurs who want to get up and out of their businesses, like I’ve done.
And there’s never been a better time to apply this framework…
Most people have come out of lockdown to a world that has very obviously changed, and is continuing to change, but which they will try and reform back to how they need to do things, to get back to “normality”.
But you’re not most people, are you?
Carry on reading if you like to be a bit different from the norm.
Carry on reading if you’re happy to change up in order to move forward.
Carry on reading if you’re up for a challenge.
But most of all, carry on reading if you’re stuck on a hamster wheel of your own making, afraid to leave your desk, because things won’t happen without you and with no idea of how to escape.
Are you ready to reset for success?
I run a portfolio of six and seven figure businesses – and now I have distilled everything I know into a number of tried and tested approaches, that up until now have only been available to the businesses I run and the ambitious entrepreneurs I have mentored over the years.
Reset for Success is a journey that frees you, the business owner, from your desk.
It reminds you what free thought & creativity are like.
Then you can see the path to freedom and ultimately to profit, even through tricky times.
So what does all this mean for you?
When you started or joined your business, you will have spent most of your time having ideas and making them happen, and (with some bumps along the way) over time, your business will have grown. You may now have employees and day-to-day work has taken over and just when you feel you’ve freed up some time to work on new things, a howler of an issue pops up and you join your team fire-fighting and sorting it. You never have any time to work on tomorrow any more…
That’s dangerous for you and your business, especially now, without clear plans to move forward, we and our businesses stagnate and over time we start to get eroded. You start to feel dragged down by your work and competitors start to nibble away at your position.
But there is a better way…
But you have to make some time to get up and out of your business regularly and that’s where I come in…
If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you always got…
Your first step is to commit to making some time and clearing time in your diary, working on your business, not in your business is key to moving forward.
I know you’re busy, so I’m not going to take too much of your time, but what we do together is going to be powerful and will change you and your business for the better – but you’ll be implementing the changes in your business, not me – solutions are much better when you decide on them and do them yourself – I’m just going to share my expedition kit with you – my set of things that I always have in my backpack to get through the journey of growing a business.
There’s 5 things we need to do together…
1 Prepare for the journey – I’ll show you how to quickly free up some time and work out what’s important so you have no excuse for not making this happen 😉
2 Map out your Vision for the future – you’ll come away from this with a three line reminder to help you stay on course.
3 Put some Focus into being able to deliver the plan – you’ll come away from this stage with a one page business plan
4 Business is an Endeavour – this is all about doing the do and keeping an eye on the outcomes – you’ll come away from this stage feeling more resilient, with systems set that will keep an eye on things if you’re not there every day.
5 We all need Continuity so the final element of our map is looking at how to keep this forward focus as a part of your every day life and taking a look at the real work of a Boundary Scout entrepreneur.
You’ll finish reading with a list of actions to take and you’ll truly be surprised how effective they are.
Spoiler, the transformation is totally down to you.
The only person stopping you from soaring free is you!
If I’m not busy with one of my businesses, you’ll usually find me plotting and visioning, helping my entrepreneurs do today the things that will grow their businesses tomorrow and into the future.
I run a portfolio of small businesses and alongside this, I mentor a select few entrepreneurs who inspired me in the early stages of their business and their appetite for knowledge keeps me on my toes.
I love to think of ways to move ahead in business.
It sounds busy doesn’t it?
It is, and I absolutely love it, but I also love spending time with my family and having some time to do things other than work.
Now you’re probably thinking it sounds impossible!
But really, that’s exactly how I work – and the secret to it lays in a few key ways of working.
- I am always looking to manage myself out of a job – delegate, delete or automate – so many people have heard me saying this along the way..
- If it doesn’t delight me, I try to stop doing it.
- I have tools that I’ve developed over the years that simplify everything and free me up.
- I set a vision and then I focus on delivering it.
I’m going to be sharing how I approach things in this e-book – helping you to set up the business so you can manage it well, in good times or bad, and ultimately get you out of it if that’s what you’re aiming to do.
It’s a real taster of working with me and my frameworks, a good chance for us to get to know each other.
I can hear what you’re thinking already…
I know freeing up the time to do anything is always difficult when you’re running a business. I always have good intentions and then the day-to-day takes over.
But time and time again, the investment I put into developing getting myself out of the detail pays back tenfold in my business, and if you work through this workbook, you’ll see what a difference it can make.
Why download the e-book?
I’d like to think that some of the above qualifies me to share some thoughts with you – and I’d love to hear what you think.
I’ve picked a topic that is front of mind for everyone at the moment, resetting your business to navigate through tricky times.
In my e-book, you’ll learn more about freeing yourself up from your business and we’ll use the very same framework I use to get myself out of the business and concentrate on creating the business of tomorrow.
For some people that will be enough to get them started and they’ll be off and that will absolutely delight me, I’m not here to do it for you or even to nag you into doing it – I’m here to share thoughts and help you see the way to freedom from the busy of day to day, so you can actually take a bit more control of the future.
If you like the feel of the e-book and what it teaches you, but feel you need more once you’ve done that, you can always book a Get Unstuck hour with me and work through your issue in a one-on-one session. Find out more about those here.
The e-book includes…
My thoughts on coming out of lockdown and beyond and what I feel a lot of people are not thinking about now we have emerged blinking into the light.
A tried and tested framework to get you up and out of your business using 4 easy steps.
Plus an insight into my Boundary Scout thinking that has allowed me to run a portfolio of businesses and scale them to 6 & 7 figures.
So, tell me, are you in? Will I see you there?
Just in case you need the background info…
I’ve put this at the bottom because I’m not a big one for shouting all over the internet about what I’ve done, but when I’m packaging that experience up and presenting it to you in a course, I know that it’s relevant for some people – and I also want you to know that you’ll be working with someone who completely understands the pains you go through.
- I’ve worked since I was 18, that’s 36 years of experience in business coming to the table.
- 18 years of that was spent in corporate manufacturing businesses, a qualified accountant by the age of 26, a Finance Director by 28. By 33, I had an MBA and was a Chartered Director – but none of them were a match for the experience I was getting in the workplace.
- I joined a Lloyds Development Management buyout company as FD at the age of 28 and led the sale 3 years later to an American corporate, earning a 6x return for investors.
- I became Finance & Operations Director at 35 and had my first son at 37.
- Things changed I missed seeing the first two years of my eldest son’s life so I stepped away from the role that was everything I had ever dreamed of after we had our second son.
- I set up my consultancy business on a laptop balanced on a cushion as I fed the baby (no, it was a disaster – stupid idea, don’t recommend it – but I did set it up and it’s now a 6 figure business).
- I raised funding for growth businesses and became a non-executive director on a number of boards, helping entrepreneurs to grow their businesses.
- At 39, I purchased an engineering company with my husband and a business partner, 2 years later we bought our partner out and the next year acquired a company 3 times our size – our first seven figure company of our own.
- I earnt sweat equity (work in exchange for shares) in a couple of businesses and ended up becoming a major shareholder in one.
- I coached well over a hundred entrepreneurs on Swansea University’s Lead Wales course.
- In 2015, I set up a glamping business with my husband on our small family farm, which is now an award-winning destination and generating 6 figure profitable revenue.
- I am still hungry to learn…every day.
- I don’t work in my businesses, I work on my businesses…to maintain, protect and grow them.
- Lastly, I’m a Boundary Scout…more on that here.