“Entrepreneurs have so much in common with explorers.” OR “You don’t run with the pack. You don’t even lead the pack… you’re so far ahead that they can only see the smoke from your fire.” Imagine that you’re Amelia Earhart making the first female transatlantic flight. You’re not quite sure what’s going to happen, how it’s going to play out or even if it will all turn out well - but still you do it.
THAT TAKES INCREDBILE GRIT, BRAVERY AND VISION, DOESN'T IT?
The vision to dream…
The courage to dare…
And the bravery to step out into the world.
To me, that’s what unites voyagers, explorers and adventurers in their endeavours. The passion to go in the first place, the tenacity to carry on in the face of adversity and the vulnerability to learn from their mistakes on the go.
Entrepreneurs have so much in common with explorers.
Actually, let me correct myself, standout entrepreneurs have so much in common with explorers…
Why the correction?
There’s a lot of businesses out there now, and more starting up every day. Each and everyone of them is an entrepreneur – a person who sets up a business, taking on financial risks in the hope of profit.
But I don’t believe that every one of them is a standout entrepreneur…
Because many of them see other people running a business, think that it looks great to be your own boss and able to make decisions, and think they’d like to do it.
They’re business owners for sure. But will they be stand-out entrepreneurs? Leaders of the future? Pioneers of change?”
See the truth is, you can't stand out by being a me-too business.
You stand out by being radically different.
You stand out when your business is passion first, customer forward and innovative.
You don’t run with the pack.
You don’t even lead the pack… you’re so far ahead that they can only see the smoke from your fire.
You, are a boundary scout.
Hi, my name’s Emma!
I’ve built, bought, sold and advised 6&7 figure businesses, I’ve managed failing businesses too - and I’ve learnt from every single thing I’ve done and I’m still learning…
And what I’ve realised is this: If you do what other people do, then you’ll always be competing with them.
People will only ever be able to copy where you’ve been, they’ll arrive and find the smoking embers of your campfire and maybe a few footsteps leading into the distance…because you’ll be long gone.
If you set out to stand out, you don’t even need to compete. There will be no competition. People will only ever be able to copy where you’ve been, they’ll arrive and find the smoking embers of your campfire and maybe a few footsteps leading into the distance…because you’ll be long gone.
Those who know me, know that innovative thinking is my superpower and creating standout businesses is my special skill, I am a passionate standout entrepreneur.
But I only want you if you’re ready to standout…if you want to learn how to be ahead of the crowd, if you’re ready to be challenged.
I want to help you create a vision for your business like no other. I want to help you create a standout vision for your business and we’re going to do it together. All along the way you’ll have my visionary insight nudging you and daring you to be more, to lift you away from your competition.
But you need to ask yourself if you’re ready, I’ve got a questionnaire that I need you to fill in and it will help you make that decision - I do this because unless I can add value and move you and your business out to those boundaries, I don’t want you to waste your money.
I know you’re busy and don’t have any time to waste, so I have put a deliberate gate in at this early stage of the process so we can both check that joining me on the Boundary Scout campaign is going to work for both of us.
If you wouldn’t mind running through the questions below, you’ll know by the time you’ve finished it if this is the way forward for you.
- Have you got the WOW factor? By this I mean, have you at some point had the Worry Of Wages (WOW) to pay, the times when you went without to make sure that employees got paid and trying to juggle the plates so that enough business comes in to cover costs?
- Do you find it difficult to talk? I’m not talking about your social skills here, I’m talking about the fact that when you’re in full flow with your ideas, people can’t quite keep up with you and think where you are looks amazing so why are you thinking about moving on already?
- Have you often looked at courses or assistance to help move your business on and found the course/coach not quite for you, or yourself without the time to commit to really making it worth your while?
- Have you recruited thinking that it will be brilliant to have someone to bounce ideas around with, and it ends up that they are great at their job, and even at bouncing your ideas around, but they don’t have the entrepreneurial experience to really challenge your ideas and move you from a good to great idea?
- When was the last time someone recognised what you do, looked you straight in the eye and told you that you do a really great job and to keep it up?
- How often do you get to sit in a room with someone who has been there and got the video, who recognises the scars and won’t be phased by the ideas everyone else feels are a bit bonkers?
- How often have you wished for a sounding board – someone who can quickly take in what you’ve got going on and guide you to answers that you didn’t know you had inside you?
- How often have you just wanted to be heard or seen?
- Does your capacity to consume and move scare most people – do you need things in bite sized chunks?
- Do you need to carve out time to work on not in your business but never get round to doing it?
- Are you OK with being challenged?
There are two ways of working with me...
The Boundary Scout
The Armillary Box
A one-off virtual day with an intimate group that will equip you with all the tools you need to move ahead and leave your competition standing.
The Boundary Scout
The Campaign Programme
We start with the virtual day together to set you and your standout vision up, and then we’ll meet quarterly for the next three quarters to review progress and keep that path moving forward.